Monday, September 19, 2016

Chocolate Cupcakes

I do bake! Yes I do. I'm a frustrated baker, a graduate from Youtube Academy. LMAO! But there is this one recipe that I've been doing all time. It's a chocolate cake. I forgot where I got this recipe and could not find it anymore in the web. It's in my file for so long already. I am a chocolate lover and this recipe really got me. 

Yesterday was my son's birthday and he asked me to bring some cake for his classmates. And this is what I made.  CUPCAKES!

Everyone was so happy. But most of all my birthday boy was so happy. He was so overwhelmed when I came over to his school during recess and forgot to take one for him, he just roam around and make sure everyone of his classmates is eating. Good thing his cousin won't eat anything offered to him, so he ate his share instead, Ah! Time flies so fast! My eldest is now in Grade 1 and just turned 7 yesterday! 

I might as well share this recipe with all of you and tell me about it. I am not gonna hide it from everyone since it is not my own recipe also. And please if anyone knows who owns this Recipe please tell me so that we can credit the owner. It is called Moist Chocolate Cake! It has a frosting but I don't do the frosting at all. I don't like it. 

When you are making cupcakes just bake it from 13-15 minutes on the same temperature as the recipe suggest. And sometimes when baking this cake I'll add 5 or 7 more minutes if the toothpick doesn't come out clean. It depends, I don't know why, sometimes 35 minutes is just so right, sometimes it is not. And please follow the instructions on letting it stay cool for 10 minutes or letting it cool completely before removing it from the pan. It will be a mess if you will take it out immediately. Enjoy the recipe below!




Moist Chocolate Cake
·         2 cups white sugar Ingredients
·         1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
·         3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
·         1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
·         1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
·         1 teaspoon salt
·         2 eggs
·         1 cup milk
·         1/2 cup vegetable oil
·         2 teaspoons vanilla extract
·         1 cup boiling water
Directions
1.        Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
2.        Use the first set of ingredients to make the cake. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Stir in the boiling water by hand. Pour evenly into the two prepared pans.
3.        Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
4.        To make the frosting, use the second set of ingredients. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in the cocoa and confectioners' sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla. Beat to a spreading consistency.
5.        Split the layers of cooled cake horizontally, cover the top of each layer with frosting, then stack them onto a serving plate. Frost the outside of the cake.





So that's it. I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion just leave a message on the comment box and I will gladly answer them. Thank you and God bless!


xoxo

Nanay Madel



Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks! 

**Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated.Thank you very much. **

No comments:

Post a Comment