Monday, October 17, 2016

How to Change Color in Crochet

How do you change color while crocheting? It is a very simple thing but makes a lot of difference in your work. And sometimes we just ignore it and do not pay much attention on how we change color while crocheting. 

There are a lot of ways on how to change color while crocheting. And it is very useful especially if you are making a project in many colors or in stripes.

So here's how I change in colors while crocheting:

Step 1.  Do your work as you normally would. In this tutorial I am making a hat so I am crocheting in rounds. When you reach your last stitch, do not finish your stitch. Like in the picture below, I am making double crochets, so before I finish my last double crochet, I stop, just like in the picture.

Step 2. Then take your second yarn, or the other color and yarn over and pull through finishing your double crochet/stitch. The drop the first yarn that you are working, or cut it out if you will not use it anymore.

Step 3. Then continue your work, since I am working in rounds, so I will join to the first stitch of the round. 

Then that's it, you've just changed your color. And you will notice that you can hardly see where you start to change your color or where you've attached the new yarn. 

And it is also the same whether you are working in rows or in rounds.  Changing at the end or in the middle of your work. Single Crochets, Double, Half-double, Triple or whatever type of stitch you are making, the principle is the same. Before you finish your stitch you change your color. And continue working in rows or in rounds with the new yarn.

So that's it. I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion just leave a message on the comment box and I will gladly answer them. Thank you and God bless!


xoxo

Nanay Madel



Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks! 

**Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated.Thank you very much. **
I always make sure to share also because I learn crochet for free and I got all of my patterns from all over the internet from some very generous bloggers. So please also click the links and support the bloggers.

Thought of the Day

October 17, 2016

There's no reason why men need remain in deception. The truth is plain, and when it's contrasted with error, its character may be discerned. - FW

No comments:

Post a Comment