Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Sleepyhead Doll by Lanas y Ovillos



I've been eyeing to make an amigurumi, I even purchased a Craftsy Class By Stacey Trock of  Fresh Stitches called Amigurumi: Woodland Animals. I learned a lot from that class but I still don't have the expertise I want with Amigurumi. I have a problem with balance, my eyes are not in the center, the bear I did from that class was looking up. I don't know why, the class is so good, the instructor is wonderful and she answers your every questions. Maybe it was too advanced for me yet, or maybe I just expect too much from me. 

But I never give up, I will never give up on amigurumi. I even made my first pattern Angry Birds Amigurumi, although I can honestly say that the bird did not look like an angry bird at all...lol, but my son love it. So I searched the internet (Youtube) for an easy beginners amigurumi tutorial. And found this one by Lanas y Ovillos. It was very easy for me to follow and a good start for someone like me. I was just too ambitious in making those complicated toys.

With this one I am satisfied with the result, not that I am the only one satisfied, my niece seems to love it also. We asked her what to name the doll, she wants to call it "cappy" I think she means "Nappy" since it is a sleepy doll. And yes she takes it with her in her sleep.  And I am happy that she likes it, because nothing is more satisfying to know that someone appreciates and loves my work.


So I guess my amigurumi adventure doesn't stop here, someday I will make those complicated ones... My son keeps asking for a dinosaur! Wow a dinosaur! Wish me luck on that.

So that's it. I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion just leave a message on the comment box and I will gladly answer them. Thank you and God bless!


xoxo

Nanay Madel



Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more... Please bear with my pictures, I just took them using my phone. Thanks! 

**Please do not copy and post any pattern from this blog and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated.Thank you very much. **
I always make sure to share also because I learn crochet for free and I got all of my patterns from all over the internet from some very generous bloggers. So please also click the links and support the bloggers.


Thought of the Day

November 22, 2016

If we expect our own prayers to be heard we must forgive others in the same manner and to the same extent as we hope to be forgiven. - Pr 283


No comments:

Post a Comment