Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Crocheted Slippers


I love crocheted slippers/shoes. I love the feel of warmth in my feet. I tried to make some for my whole family. So here is the first of 4 slippers I am making right now for the whole family. This one is for my youngest

I tried to make him model the slippers, since it is his, but I could not make a decent picture of him. This is the best I got out of 100 pics!!  But by the look on his face he loves his new slippers.


Here is the pattern:

Materials


Size
2-4 years old

Stitches used:
  • ch - chain
  • sc - single crochet
  • sl st - slip stitch
  • st(s) - stitch(es)



Instructions:

Round 1. With the main color.  Make a magic ring and 6 sc into the ring. Close the ring and join with a sl st in first st. Chain 1.(6sc)

Round 2. 2 sc in first st, then 2 sc in each st around. Join with a sl st in first st, chain 1. (12sc)

Round 3.  1 sc in first st, then 2 sc in next. *1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next* . Repeat all around. Join with a sl st in first st, chain 1. (18sc)

Round 4.  1 sc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st in first st, chain 1. (18sc)

Round 5.  1 sc in each first 5 sts, then 2 sc in next. Repeat all around. Join with a sl st in first st, chain 1. (21sc)

Round 6. 1 sc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st in first st, chain 1. (21sc)

Round 7-16.  Repeat Round 6. Do not chain 1 at the end of Round 16. Break the yarn and fasten the ends. (21sc)

Row 17.  We will be working in rows this time, since we won't be joining in the round. From the first sc of Round 16 count 7 sc backwards and attached the main color again, then make sc in each of 14 sts.  Chain 1 and turn. (14 sc)

Row 18- Row 23 - 1 sc in each sts, chain 1 and turn. ( 14sc)

Row 24. . 1 sc in each sts, then chain 1 and 1 sc in the side of Row 24, then sc in each side of the rows (8sc), and continue to sc into the 7 sc or Round 16, and up again on the  other sides of the rows. (8sc). All in all 23 sc made. Then ch 1 and continue to work to Row 25.

Row 25. 1 sc in the side of the last sc that you just made. Then continue sc in the next 7 sts. Fasten off and leave a long tail for closing the back heel of the slippers (8sc)

Then close the heel of the slippers by sewing them together using your long tail. I used whip stitch in sewing them together.

Attached your blue yarn to the opening of your slippers then chain 1, sc 9. sl st 7 , then sc 9. Join with a sl st in first st. Break off yarn and fasten all ends. 

Your slippers is basically done. And you can add any appliques to it. I made my son choose from Repeat Crafter Me's 26 days of Crochet Animal Alphabet Appliques and he chooses the Elephant.


 I made the Elephant same color as the accent in the opening of the slippers. Then sew them on the slippers. I did not make my elephant facing the opposites sides. So they are both facing the right side. I thought of changing it but I think it already looks great so I just live it like that. 

I am currently making one for my eldest and he wants the Jelly Fish. I will make another post about it even if the pattern is still the same. 

Don't forget to Tag me in Instagram  and Twitter with your finished project and also like my Page in Facebook, Si Nanay Madel. I would love to see what you've done and Pin it also in Pinterest.

So that's it. I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion just leave a message on the comment box and I will gladly answer them. Thank you and God bless!


xoxo

Nanay Madel



Don't forget to share on facebook, pinterest , twitter and more. 
**Please do not copy and post any pattern from this blog and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated. Thank you very much. **
I always make sure to share also because I learn crochet for free from some very generous bloggers. So please also click the links and support the bloggers.



Thought of the Day

December 13, 2016

Heaven will all be harmony, peace, love, and unity. Gone will be sorrow, crying, and pain. Best of all, death will be no more. - Hvn 5

No comments:

Post a Comment