Monday, October 9, 2017

The Nicole Earflap Hat

I love the colors of Autumn, although I have never experienced it myself, I love the pictures that I saw. Spring is also one I love, how the flowers bloom and so many different colors. I was wondering if I can make a pumpkin hat, but dismiss the idea of it because I want something that can be worn even if it is not in season.  And so I decided to make this hat, it has an earflap for added warmth during the cold season.

The stitches are simple and it's the first time I used the Front Post Single Crochet. I never know I make post stitches using a Single Crochet. It ended beautifully along with Double Crochet.

If you feel like you want to add more rows or make this hat slouchy, you can do so. Just continue adding the last few rows.

The gauge is 11 DC by 6 rows = 3 inches square. But the gauge is not that important, I guess that what's you usually got when you use a worsted yarn and an I hook.

Materials, Gauge, and Stitches Used with Photo Tutorial are all indicated in the pattern.  The pattern is now available on my Craftsy and Ravelry Store.




I wanted my pictures to look more "Autumny" but it clearly shows that I live in a Tropical Place. Even my dried "sticks" "wood" in the first picture surely shows I am in the tropics. It's a dried coconut steam, haha, I don't have an acorn.

When I took pictures of this hat, some friends of mine decided to join. hehe. That's my son's fingers and some friendly grasshopper.



So I do hope you'll love making and also wearing this hat and don't forget to Tag me on Instagram and Twitter with your finished project and also like my Page in Facebook, Si Nanay Madel. I would love to see what you've done and Pin it also on Pinterest.

That's it, I hope you all learn something and enjoy this post. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions just leave a message in the comment box and I will gladly answer them. Thank you and God bless!

xoxo


Nanay Madel



Don't forget to share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and more.  
**Please do not copy and post any pattern from this blog and claim it as your own. This pattern is limited to personal use only.  Please do not re-publish all photos from this blog as your own. You may make and sell products from my pattern. Please also link back to my post. Any link back will be much, much appreciated. Thank you very much. **
I always make sure to share also because I learned to crochet for free from some very generous bloggers


Thought of the Day

October 9, 2017

The same law that was engraved on tablets of stone is written by the Holy Spirit on the heart. - BOE 181

No comments:

Post a Comment